Monday, November 7, 2011

Odin's Library

Getting the collection of books and cartoons going.  By the way, we love hand me downs (hint hint)!










I may take these words back in the future, but I'm not sure that I want Odin to watch television or have too much computer time as he grows up.  I hate that I am so dependent on technology for entertainment and survival even!  It always saddens me to see parents plop an iPad or portable dvd player on their kids lap just to shut them up.  At least make it a book or coloring pad!  From my personal experience, I notice technology affecting my ability to focus or stay engaged in a project or activity.  Imagine what this does for young kids, let alone adults who should have more self discipline.  Just walking at night I notice T.V.'s flashing in every room of every house.  It really is depressing and I feel that it would be beneficial for my new little family to get back to our roots and cut back on the negative stimulation.  I'm sticking to vintage cartoons and old movies for the time being.  We will see how that plays out. 

2 comments:

  1. I couldnt agree more. Steve and I were just talking about that last night. Growing up my TV watching was VERY limited and it usually was some smarty pants show my mom was watching (history or nature) plus no video games. I hated it then but now I see what she was doing, shielding me from all the bullshit on television and all the violence in video games. Not to mention I actually played outside and used my imagination. I want Miles to grow up like that for sure. and your right we may be eating out words once their here but i doubt it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughh, I feel the same way when I walk at night.. I always see people that are sitting in the dark but with the TV glowing. I don't get it! Peter And The Wold claymation might be good for Odin's list when he's a little older. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete